204.201 - Procedures
Follow the procedures at PGI 204.201 for the distribution of contracts and modifications.
(a) In lieu of the requirement at FAR 4.201(a), contracting officers shall distribute one signed copy or reproduction of the signed contract to the contractor.
204.203 - Taxpayer identification information
(b) The procedure at FAR 4.203(b) does not apply to contracts that include the provision at FAR 52.204-7, System for Award Management. The payment office obtains the taxpayer identification number and the type of organization from the System for Award Management database.
204.2100 - Scope of subpart
This subpart implements section 1656 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018 (Pub. L. 115-91) and section 889(a)(1)(A) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 (Pub. L. 115-232).
204.2101 - Definitions
As used in this subpart—
“Covered defense telecommunications equipment or services” means—
(1) Telecommunications equipment produced by Huawei Technologies Company or ZTE Corporation, or any subsidiary or affiliate of such entities;
(2) Telecommunications services provided by such entities or using such equipment; or
(3) Telecommunications equipment or services produced or provided by an entity that the Secretary of Defense reasonably believes to be an entity owned or controlled by, or otherwise connected to, the government of a covered foreign country.
“Covered foreign country” means—
(1) The People’s Republic of China; or
(2) The Russian Federation.
“Covered missions” means—
(1) The nuclear deterrence mission of DoD, including with respect to nuclear command, control, and communications, integrated tactical warning and attack assessment, and continuity of Government; or
(2) The homeland defense mission of DoD, including with respect to ballistic missile defense.
204.270 - Electronic Data Access
204.270-1 - Policy
(a) The Electronic Data Access (EDA) system, an online repository for contractual instruments and supporting documents, is DoD’s primary tool for electronic distribution of contract documents and contract data. Contract attachments shall be uploaded to EDA, except for contract attachments that are classified, are too sensitive for widespread distribution (e.g., personally identifiable information and Privacy Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or cannot be practicably converted to electronic format (e.g., samples, drawings, and models). Section J (or similar location when the Uniform Contract Format is not used) shall include the annotation “provided under separate cover” for any attachment not uploaded to EDA.
(b) Agencies are responsible for ensuring the following when posting documents, including contractual instruments, to EDA—
(1) The timely distribution of documents; and
(2) That internal controls are in place to ensure that—
(i) The electronic version of a contract document in EDA is an accurate representation of the contract; and
(ii) The contract data in EDA is an accurate representation of the underlying contract.
204.270-2 - Procedures
(b) The procedures at PGI 204.270-2 (b) provide details on how to record the results of data verification in EDA. When these procedures are followed, contract documents and data in EDA are an accurate representation of the contract and therefore may be used for audit purposes.
(c) The procedures at PGI 204.270-2 (c) provide details on the creation and processing of contract deficiency reports, which are used to correct problems with contracts distributed in EDA.