217.7100 - Scope of subpart
This subpart contains acquisition policies and procedures for master agreements for repair and alteration of vessels.
217.7101 - Definitions
(a) “Master agreement for repair and alteration of vessels”—
(1) Is a written instrument of understanding, negotiated between a contracting activity and a contractor that—
(A) Contains contract clauses, terms, and conditions applying to future contracts for repairs, alterations, and/or additions to vessels; and
(B) Contemplates separate future contracts that will incorporate by reference or attachment the required and applicable clauses agreed upon in the master agreement.
(2) Is not a contract.
(b) “Job order”—
(1) Is a fixed price contract incorporating, by reference or attachment, a master agreement for repair and alteration of vessels;
(2) May include clauses pertaining to subjects not covered by the master agreement; but applicable to the job order being awarded; and
(3) Applies to a specific acquisition and sets forth the scope of work, price, delivery date, and other appropriate terms that apply to the particular job order.
217.7103 - Master agreements and job orders
217.7103-1 - Content and format of master agreements
Follow the procedures at PGI 217.7103-1 for preparation of master agreements.
217.7103-3 - Solicitations for job orders
(a) When a requirement arises within the United States or its outlying areas for the type of work covered by the master agreement, solicit offers from prospective contractors that—
(1) Previously executed a master agreement; or
(2) Have not previously executed a master agreement, but possess the necessary qualifications to perform the work and agree to execute a master agreement before award of a job order.
(b) Follow the procedures at PGI 217.7103-3 when preparing solicitations for job orders.