(a) Whenever practicable, include a requirement for contractor identification of sources of supply in all contracts for the delivery of supplies. The identification shall include—
(1) The item's actual manufacturer or producer, or all the contractor's sources for the item;
(2) The item's national stock number (if there is one);
(3) The item identification number used by—
(i) The actual manufacturer or producer of the item; or
(ii) Each of the contractor's sources for the item; and
(4) The source of any technical data delivered under the contract.
(b) The requirement in paragraph (a) of this section does not apply to contracts that are—
(1) For commercial items; or
(2) Valued at or below the simplified acquisition threshold.