(a) Use the following procedures only in the order listed when a labor dispute delays performance of a contract for stevedoring services which are urgently needed.
(1) Attempt to have management and labor voluntarily agree to exempt military supplies from the labor dispute by continuing the movement of such material.
(2) Divert vessels to alternate ports able to provide necessary stevedoring services.
(3) Consider contracting with reliable alternative sources of supply within the stevedoring industry.
(4) Utilize civil service stevedores to perform the work performed by contract stevedores.
(5) Utilize military personnel to handle the cargo which was being handled by contract stevedores prior to the labor dispute.
(b) Notify the labor advisor when a deviation from the procedures in paragraph (a) of this subsection is required.