232.7000 - Scope of subpart
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures for submitting and processing payment requests in electronic form to comply with 10 U.S.C. 2227.
232.7002 - Policy
(a) Payment requests and receiving reports are required to be submitted in electronic form, except for—
(1) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests and receiving reports could compromise the safeguarding of classified information or national security;
(2) Cases in which contractor submission of electronic payment requests and receiving reports is not feasible (e.g., when contract performance is in an environment where internet connectivity is not available);
(3) Cases in which DoD is unable to receive payment requests or provide acceptance in electronic form;
(4) Cases in which the contractor has requested permission in writing to submit payment requests and receiving reports by nonelectronic means, and the contracting officer has provided instructions for a temporary alternative method of submission of payment requests and receiving reports in the contract administration data section of the contract or task or delivery order (e.g., section G, an addendum to FAR 52.212-4, or applicable clause); and
(5) When the Governmentwide commercial purchase card is used as the method of payment, in which case only submission of the receiving report in electronic form is required.
(b)(1) The only acceptable electronic form for submission of payment requests and receiving reports is Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF) (https://wawf.eb.mil/), except as follows:
(i) For payment of commercial transportation services provided under a Government rate tender, contract, or task or delivery order for transportation services, the use of a DoD-approved electronic third party payment system or other exempted vendor payment/invoicing system (e.g., PowerTrack, Transportation Financial Management System, and Cargo and Billing System) is permitted.
(ii) For submitting and processing payment requests and receiving reports for contracts or task or delivery orders for rendered health care services, the use of TRICARE Encounter Data System as the electronic form is permitted.
(2) Facsimile, email, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms of payment requests or receiving reports.
232.7003 - Procedures
(a) DoD officials receiving payment requests in electronic form shall process the payment requests in electronic form. The WAWF system provides the method to electronically process payment requests and receiving reports.
(1) Documents necessary for payment, such as receiving reports, invoice approvals, contracts, contract modifications, and required certifications, shall also be processed in electronic form.
(2) Scanned documents and other commonly used file formats are only acceptable for processing supporting documentation.
(b) If one of the exceptions to submission in electronic form at 232.7002 (a) applies, the contracting officer shall—
(1) Consult the payment office and the contract administration office regarding the alternative method to be used for submission of payment requests or receiving reports (e.g., facsimile or conventional mail); and
(2) Provide procedures for invoicing in the contract administration data section of the contract or task or delivery order (e.g., section G, an addendum to FAR 52.212-4, or applicable clause) for submission of invoices by nonelectronic means. If submission of invoices by nonelectronic means is temporary, the procedures should specify the time period for which they apply.
232.7004 - Contract clauses
(a) Unless an exception to submission in electronic form at 232.7002 (a) applies and instructions for invoices are contained in the contract administration data section of the contract or task or delivery order, use the clause at 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports, in solicitations and contracts, including solicitations and contracts using FAR part 12 procedures for the acquisition of commercial items.
(b) Use the clause at 252.232-7006, Wide Area WorkFlow Payment Instructions, in solicitations and contracts or task or delivery orders, including solicitations and contracts using FAR part 12 procedures for the acquisition of commercial items, when 252.232-7003 is used and none of the exceptions at232.7002(b)(1) apply. See PGI 232.7004 for instructions on completing the clause.
232.702 - Policy
Fixed-price contracts shall be fully funded except as permitted by 232.703-1 .
232.703-1 - General
(1) A fixed-price contract may be incrementally funded only if—
(i) The contract (excluding any options) or any exercised option—
(A) Is for severable services;
(B) Does not exceed one year in length; and
(C) Is incrementally funded using funds available (unexpired) as of the date the funds are obligated; or
(ii) The contract uses funds available from multiple (two or more) fiscal years and—
(A) The contract is funded with research and development appropriations; or
(B) Congress has otherwise authorized incremental funding.
(2) An incrementally funded fixed-price contract shall be fully funded as soon as funds are available.
232.703-3 - Contracts crossing fiscal years
(b) The contracting officer may enter into a contract, exercise an option, or place an order under a contract for severable services for a period that begins in one fiscal year and ends in the next fiscal year if the period of the contract awarded, option exercised, or order placed does not exceed 1 year (10 U.S.C. 2410a).
232.703-70 - Military construction appropriations act restriction
Annual military construction appropriations acts restrict the use of funds appropriated by the acts for payments under cost-plus-fixed-fee contracts (see 216.306 (c)).
232.705 - Contract clauses
232.7100 - Scope of subpart
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures concerning the effect of levies pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 6331(h) on contract payments. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is authorized to levy up to 100 percent of all payments made under a DoD contract, up to the amount of the tax debt.
232.7102 - Contract clause
Use the clause at 252.232-7010 , Levies on Contract Payments, in all solicitations and contracts, including solicitations and contracts using FAR part 12 procedures for the acquisition of commercial items.