As prescribed in 225.7009-5 , use the following clause:
RESTRICTION ON ACQUISITION OF BALL AND ROLLER BEARINGS (JUN 2011)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
(1) “Bearing components” means the bearing element, retainer, inner race, or outer race.
(2) “Component,” other than a bearing component, means any item supplied to the Government as part of an end product or of another component.
(3) “End product” means supplies delivered under a line item of this contract.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this clause—
(1) Each ball and roller bearing delivered under this contract shall be manufactured in the United States, its outlying areas, or Canada; and
(2) For each ball or roller bearing, the cost of the bearing components manufactured in the United States, its outlying areas, or Canada shall exceed 50 percent of the total cost of the bearing components of that ball or roller bearing.
(c) The restriction in paragraph (b) of this clause does not apply to ball or roller bearings that are acquired as—
(1) Commercial components of a noncommercial end product; or
(2) Commercial or noncommercial components of a commercial component of a noncommercial end product.
(d) The restriction in paragraph (b) of this clause may be waived upon request from the Contractor in accordance with subsection 225.7009-4 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement.
(e) If this contract includes DFARS clause 252.225-7009 , Restriction on Acquisition of Certain Articles Containing Specialty Metals, all bearings that contain specialty metals, as defined in that clause, must meet the requirements of that clause.
(f) The Contractor shall insert the substance of this clause, including this paragraph (f), in all subcontracts, except those for—
(1) Commercial items; or
(2) Items that do not contain ball or roller bearings.
(End of clause)