As prescribed in 225.1101 (7), use the following provision:
WAIVER OF UNITED KINGDOM LEVIES – EVALUATION OF OFFERS (APR 2003)
(a) Offered prices for contracts or subcontracts with United Kingdom (U.K.) firms may contain commercial exploitation levies assessed by the Government of the U.K. The offeror shall identify to the Contracting Officer all levies included in the offered price by describing—
(1) The name of the U.K. firm;
(2) The item to which the levy applies and the item quantity; and
(3) The amount of levy plus any associated indirect costs and profit or fee.
(b) In the event of difficulty in identifying levies included in a price from a prospective subcontractor, the offeror may seek advice through the Director of Procurement, United Kingdom Defence Procurement Office, British Embassy, 3100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006.
(c) The U.S. Government may attempt to obtain a waiver of levies pursuant to the U.S./U.K. reciprocal waiver agreement of July 1987.
(1) If the U.K. waives levies before award of a contract, the Contracting Officer will evaluate the offer without the levy.
(2) If levies are identified but not waived before award of a contract, the Contracting Officer will evaluate the offer inclusive of the levies.
(3) If the U.K. grants a waiver of levies after award of a contract, the U.S. Government reserves the right to reduce the contract price by the amount of the levy waived plus associated indirect costs and profit or fee.
(End of provision)