(d) In preparing work statements, technical and contracting personnel shall consider and, as appropriate, provide in the solicitation—
(1) A statement of the area of exploration, tasks to be performed, and objectives of the research or development effort;
(2) Background information helpful to a clear understanding of the objective or requirement (e.g., any known phenomena, techniques, methodology, or results of related work);
(3) Information on factors such as personnel, environment, and interfaces that may constrain the results of the effort;
(4) Reporting requirements and information on any additional items that the contractor is required to furnish (at specified intervals) as the work progresses;
(5) The type and form of contract contemplated by the Government and, for level-of-effort work statements, an estimate of applicable professional and technical effort involved; and
(6) Any other considerations peculiar to the work to be performed; for example, any design-to-cost requirements.