(b) Subject to 37.205, agencies may contract for advisory and assistance services, when essential to the agency’s mission, to—
(1) Obtain outside points of view to avoid too limited judgment on critical issues;
(2) Obtain advice regarding developments in industry, university, or foundation research;
(3) Obtain the opinions, special knowledge, or skills of noted experts;
(4) Enhance the understanding of, and develop alternative solutions to, complex issues;
(5) Support and improve the operation of organizations; or
(6) Ensure the more efficient or effective operation of managerial or hardware systems.