(1) A portion of this requirement, identified elsewhere in this solicitation, has been set aside for award to one or more small business concerns.
(2) Offers on the non-set-aside portion will be evaluated first and award will be made on that portion in accordance with the provisions of this solicitation.
(3) The set-aside portion will be awarded at the highest unit price(s) in the contract(s) for the non-set-aside portion, adjusted to reflect transportation and other costs appropriate for the selected contractor(s).
(4) The contractor(s) for the set-aside portion will be selected from among the small business concerns that submitted responsive offers on the non-set-aside portion. Negotiations will be conducted with the concern that submitted the lowest responsive offer on the non-set-aside portion. If the negotiations are not successful or if only part of the set-aside portion is awarded to that concern, negotiations will be conducted with the concern that submitted the second-lowest responsive offer on the non-set-aside portion. This process will continue until a contract or contracts are awarded for the entire set-aside portion.
(5) The Government reserves the right to not consider token offers or offers designed to secure an unfair advantage over other offerors eligible for the set-aside portion.